Thank you for helping us promote the NYSF 2021 Year 12 Program, we really appreciate you sharing your story and helping us recruit the next cohort of NYSFers!
We would like you to record a 30s – 1 min grass roots style video sharing your unique NYSF experience.
As your recording will be posted on NYSF social media pages, please let us know your social media handles if you would like to be tagged. Please find below some ideas for the types of things you might talk about. Creativity is fine too - interpretive dances, songs and chants will all be considered!
Once filmed, please format your video as a MP4 or MOV file and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org . If the video file size is too large to be directly attached please compress the file, use dropbox or wetransfer.com.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please get in contact with external relations team at email@example.com.
We would also appreciate if you can promote NYSF Applications being open more broadly. Here is a link to an online promotions kit that should make this easy: Year 12 Program Promotions Kit
Hi, my name is (name) and I am a (Occupation and/or Company) and I attended the National Youth Science Forum/National Science Summer School in (year).
Applications for the NYSF 2021 Year 12 Program are now open! If you or someone you know is in year 11 and interested in science, technology, engineering or maths encourage them to apply now for the NYSF Year 12 Program.
(Please answer one question or make your own statement recommending the NYSF Year 12 Program)
- My favourite memory from my time at NYSF was…
- I still remember the best part of my NYSF session was…
- When I first went to NYSF I thought (Uni/career/ideas of STEM) but NYSF showed me…
- You should apply for NYSF because…
- Without the NYSF I would have never known/done/experienced…
- The NYSF taught me…
- How is the NYSF different to other programs?
- How did NYSF lead you to your current career, your degree, or life choices?
So, what are you waiting for! Spread the word and let’s show Australia future scientists all the possibilities in from of them!
For more information and to apply go the NYSF website www.nysf.edu.au
- Use a phone, tablet, laptop or any other recording equipment you have access to. We will be cropping to square format.
- The audience decides whether to watch on in the first 3 seconds, make the start vibrant.
- Use a nice loud voice and look into the camera.
- Whatever the device, it is important to keep it fairly still, best to record with it propped on a stable surface.
- A light on shining toward you will help you look bright and engaged, like on TV, or face a window for a similar effect. Don’t have a window behind you when filming as it will make the subject in the video dark.
- A neutral background or a backdrop appropriate to your workplace or area of science is good e.g. Laboratory or out in the field.
- Solid clothing colours usually work best for filming, patterns can be too busy unless it is a logo for a reason (e.g. your vintage NYSF T-shirt or hoodie!).