Congratulations go to NYSF 2015 alumni who have won Peter Doherty Awards for Outstanding Senior Science Students and Outstanding Senior Mathematics and Technology Students.
Winners were announced during National Science Week in August and include:
Outstanding Senior Science Student Awards
- Jocelyn Glencross - Sandgate District State High School – Rotary District 9600
- Daniel Lawson - Kingaroy State High School – Rotary District 9600
- James Shaker - Rockhampton Grammar School – Rotary District 9570
Outstanding Senior Mathematics and Technology Student Awards
- Dominic Albertson - Mackay North State High School – Rotary District 9570
- Joshua Liaw - Tannum Sands State High School – Rotary District 9570
The Peter Doherty Awards for Excellence in STEM Education recognise students, teachers, support officers, schools and education partners (volunteers, mentors and organisations) who demonstrate an outstanding and innovative contribution to STEM education in Queensland.
This year 29 awards worth $145,000 were available in eight categories.
The awards are named after Professor Peter Doherty, a Brisbane-born Nobel Prize winning scientist who was educated at Indooroopilly State High School and the University of Queensland.