- Events Officer: Fixed term contract of 12 months, with the possibility of extension
Applications will only be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Title: Events Officer
Area: Partnerships and Alumni
Supervisor: Manager, Partnerships and Alumni
Number of positions that report to this role: None
Hours: 35 hours per week. Some after hours and weekend work may be required, particularly in the lead-up to and during programs.
Flexible working arrangements may be considered.
The successful candidate must be able to work full-time and additional hours during December and January.
Some travel interstate, overnight may be required.
Salary: $65,000-$80,000 per annum, depending on experience, plus superannuation (currently 11%)
Location: NYSF Offices are based at the Australian National University, Canberra, however, Canberra-based WFH arrangements are available.
Interstate and/or international travel may be required to support NYSF programs and events.
About the Position
Working alongside a great team, the Events Officer will report to the Manager, Partnerships and Alumni and, with support and direction, manage the concept, planning and delivery of a number of NYSF events throughout the year.
The current NYSF programs are:
- NYSF Year 12 Program – January each year – two sessions;
- NYSF Connect Alumni Program – held each year in various locations around Australia and online;
- NYSF Student Staff Leadership Program;
The NYSF currently runs a number of events every year associated with these programs. This includes:
- Two Alumni Dinners and Opening and Closing events throughout January;
- Alumni events associated with our NYSF Connect program;
- Strategic events associated with our Partnerships and Government relations;
- Governor’s Receptions in a number of Australian jurisdictions.
The NYSF is looking for a collaborative and highly organised Events Officer to assist the NYSF Partnerships and Alumni team with the planning and delivery of the above events.
Positioned in the Partnerships and Alumni Team, there will be opportunities to engage with business development and Alumni growth activities in this role.
We are looking for someone with strong skills in event management and stakeholder relationships to help grow and expand our NYSF program offerings.
Under the general direction of the Manager, Partnerships and Alumni, the Events Officer’s duties include:
- Developing an annual plan for NYSF events taking into account the key dates and workflows for the whole NYSF team, and reporting on evaluation of those events;
- Researching and identifying appropriate venues for all events, and relevant liaison and bookings with clients and stakeholders, including technical/AV/digital liaison and monitoring of budgets;
- Managing the compilation and distribution of targeted invitation lists for events, and all relevant ensuing tasks associated with invitations, including consultation on design
- Assisting in development of event objectives, including management of speaker engagement and support;
- Compiling and distributing event briefing notes, speaking notes and travel arrangements where required;
- Managing all event catering including organisation information about a diverse range of dietary requirements, and monitoring of catering budgets;
- Support for any NYSF promotional displays at conferences or other events;
- Assisting with NYSF stakeholder relationships, particularly those with NYSF Partners (prospective and current), Supporters and Alumni.
- Assisting in production of event collateral, brochures, displays, promotion, as required;
- Assisting in social media content and distribution as directed;
- Briefing senior management to ensure all events comply with policies and procedures;
- Liaising with NYSF team to support event activities;
- Comply with all NYSF policies and procedures;
- Other duties as directed, particularly in the area of partnerships and alumni relations, consistent with the experience and level of the position.
We’re looking for someone with high energy, a positive attitude and an astute eye for detail. You need to be comfortable managing competing priorities and several projects at once, and enjoy the achievement of working in a small team in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
You will have:
- Two years’ demonstrated experience working in event planning and delivery;
- Experience using event management platforms such as Eventbrite or similar;
- Experience in managing relationships with external providers, organisation sponsors and VIPs;
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and confidence to make a decision on the run;
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experience with or exposure to Salesforce CRM or similar;
- Experience working with a wide variety of stakeholders;
- Willingness to work outside of standard hours of operation as required - the successful candidate must be able to work full-time during December and January to assist with the delivery of the NYSF Year 12 Program.
- Willingness to travel interstate on occasion to support NYSF programs/events;
You will currently have the following or the ability to obtain them in the position;
- Working with Children’s Check,
- Driver’s license;
- Current First Aid certificate;
- Up-to-date and ongoing COVID-19 vaccination.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit environment
- A relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. event management, marketing, business)
What we offer
- Flexible working arrangements to help you balance work and life
- Comprehensive learning and development support
- Supportive, positive office culture
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
Applicants should provide the following:
- Up to date CV with contact details of at least two referees, one of which should be the current/most recent employer.
- A cover letter of not more than three pages, including a statement to explain how the candidate meets the key eligibility criteria.
Applications should be sent via email to email@example.com and must be received by Sunday 20 August 2023.
If you have questions about the role, contact Leonie Keogh, Manager Partnerships and Alumni, at the NYSF, on 0411 269 103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.