The 2016 Tuckwell Scholarships have been announced with eight out of the 25 finalists alumni of the National Youth Science Forum.
To be eligible for a Tuckwell Scholarship, students must attain an ATAR of 95 and above, have proven academic potential and achievements, demonstrate the Tuckwell Scholar attributes and a desire to give back to Australia.
Supported through the generosity of the Graham and Louise Tuckwell Foundation, recipients receive a scholarship of $21,700 per annum for the length of their undergraduate degree at The Australian National University for expenses such as accommodation and living costs.
This is the third year the scholarships have been awarded.
“NYSF Alumni have been recipients of Tuckwell Scholarship since they began three years ago. Two alumni received the award in 2013, six in 2014 and eight this year. Each of these students is to be applauded for their hard work in achieving this honour and recognition,” Dr Damien Pearce, Chief Executive of the NYSF.
Congratulations go to:
- Samuel Bannister - NSW - Kooringal State High School – Rotary District 9700 – Club – Wollundry Wagga Wagga
- Lachlan Campbell – NSW - Molong Central School – Rotary District 9700 – Club - Molong
- Brendan Falk – ACT - Canberra Grammar School – Rotary District 9710 – Club - Woden
- Jonah Hansen – SA - Loxton High School – Rotary District 9520 – Club - Loxton
- Yu-Ting Hung – VIC - MacRobertson Girls High School – Rotary District 9810 – Club - Manningham
- Julia Lindblom – QLD - Mary MacKillop College – Rotary District 9600 – Club - Geebung
- Isabella Mortimore – QLD -All Saints Anglican School – Rotary District 9640 – Club - Southport
- Lucy Stedman – QLD - Nambour State High School – Rotary District 9600 – Club – Nambour 76
For further information, visit http://tuckwell.anu.edu.au.
By Julie Maynard