- Partnerships Officer: Fixed term contract of 12 months, with the possibility of extension
Applications will only be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Position
Working in a small team, the Partnerships Officer will report to the Manager, Partnerships and Alumni and, with support and direction, will deliver various partnerships and alumni, communications, and administrative tasks. The NYSF is looking for a collaborative and highly organised Partnerships Officer to assist with NYSF corporate partnerships, including the implementation of agreements and relationship building under the supervision of the Partnerships and Alumni Manager and, with support and direction, manage the concept, planning and delivery of several NYSF events throughout the year. We are looking for someone with solid skills and experience in corporate partnerships to maintain and help grow NYSF partnerships with key organisations in corporate, tertiary and government sectors.
Under the general direction of the Manager, Partnerships and Alumni, the Partnerships Officer will:
- Strengthen and nurture external partnerships and alliances;
- Research and advise on new partnership opportunities;
- Prepare proposals and deliver pitches for potential partnerships;
- Liaise with internal departments and partners to ensure partnership obligations are met;
- Utilise Salesforce (NYSF database) to focus on collecting key information to stay in close contact with our alumni network of more than 15,000 people;
- Develop and deliver outward-facing NYSF events (online and in-person) that involve current or prospective funding partners, NYSF alumni and/or distinguished guests from the Australian STEM Sector, Government and Media;
- Contribute to the marketing, communication and promotional activities that supports the NYSF’s partnership strategy.
- Other duties as directed.
- Experience in supporting partnership/business development activities.
- Demonstrated experience working in events coordination (for example conferences, networking events, stalls, workshops, webinars and professional dinners etc.);
- Experience using event management platforms such as Eventbrite or similar;
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills with the ability to support internal and external teams to achieve desired goals/targets;
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and confidence to make a decision on the run;
- Experience in using design software and producing marketing collaterals (e.g. partnership proposals);
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work;
- Experience using either Salesforce CRM or a similar database system;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- 1Attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Willingness to work outside of standard hours of operation as required and travel interstate as needed for NYSF events - the successful candidate must be able to work full-time during December and January to assist with the delivery of the NYSF Year 12 Program;
- A current Working with Vulnerable Persons registration, or the ability to obtain registration before commencing in the position and a current First Aid certificate (or willingness to obtain); and
- Full and ongoing COVID-19 vaccination.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit environment
- A relevant tertiary qualification (i.e. administration, marketing, business, communications etc.)
What we offer
- Flexible working arrangements to help you balance work and life
- Comprehensive learning and development support
- Supportive, positive office culture
- Access to our Employees Assistance Program
How to Apply
Applicants should provide the following:
- Up-to-date CV with contact details of at least two referees, one of which should be the current/most recent employer.
- A cover letter of not more than three pages including a statement to explain how the candidate meets the key eligibility criteria.
Applications should be sent via email to email@example.com and must be received by 14th May 2023.
The NYSF recognises the value of diverse perspectives and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected for who they are. If there are any accessibility adjustments you need to help you be able to apply for this role, please contact us.
You must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia, New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand passport or have unrestricted working rights to apply for this role.
If you have questions about the role, contact Leonie Keogh, Manager Partnerships and Alumni, at the NYSF, on 0411 269 103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.