- Partnerships and Alumni Officer: Full-time, fixed term contract of 12 months, with the possibility of extension
Applications will only be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Partnerships and Alumni Officer
The National Youth Science Forum (NYSF) is a national not-for-profit charity that has operated for over 38 years. One of Australia’s most well-known STEM outreach organisations, the NYSF inspires students to pursue a range of science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) study and career options. More information regarding the activities of the NYSF is available at www.nysf.edu.au and across our social media channels.
We currently have 7 full-time and two part-time team members and engage casual staff where required. The NYSF comprises of four teams: Programs, Partnerships and Alumni, Marketing and Communications, and Corporate Services. The NYSF team is led by CEO Dr Melanie Bagg and supported by a highly regarded Board.
About the Position
Under the direction of the Manager, Partnerships and Alumni, the Partnerships and Alumni Officer will:
- Strengthen and nurture external partnerships and alliances
- Assist with preparation of proposals and planning partnership pitches.
- Research new partnership opportunities
- Liaise with internal departments and partners to ensure partnership obligations are met
- Support the continued development and growth of the NYSF Connect Alumni Program
- Utilise Salesforce (NYSF database) with a focus on collecting key information to help the organisation stay in close contact with our alumni network of more than 13,000 people.
- Produce communications and content aimed at keeping NYSF alumni and partners well informed.
- Developing and deliver outward-facing NYSF events (online and in-person) that involve current or prospective funding partners, NYSF alumni and/or distinguished guests from the Australian STEM Sector, Government and Media.
- Other duties as directed.
- Experience in supporting partnership/business development activities or alumni activities.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills with the ability to support internal and external teams to achieve desired goals/targets.
- Experience in using design software and producing marketing collaterals (e.g. partnership proposals).
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work.
- Experience using either Salesforce CRM or a similar database system.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience organising events (for example stalls, networking events, workshops, webinars, professional dinners, conferences etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to work outside of standard hours of operation as required and travel interstate as needed for NYSF events - the successful candidate must be able to work full-time during December and January to assist with the delivery of the NYSF Year 12 Program.
- A current Working with Vulnerable Persons registration, or the ability to obtain registration before commencing in the position and a current First Aid certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- Experience working in a not-for-profit environment
- A relevant tertiary qualification (i.e. administration, marketing, business, communications etc.)
How to Apply
Applicants should provide the following:
- Up to date CV with contact details of at least two referees, one of which should be the current/most recent employer.
- A cover letter of not more than three pages including a statement to explain how the candidate meets the key eligibility criteria. Applications should be sent via email to email@example.com
If you have questions about the role, please contact Melanie Tacey, Corporate Services Manager, National Youth Science Forum: firstname.lastname@example.org