- Executive Officer: Full-time, fixed-term contract of 12 months, with the possibility of extension
Applications close Midnight, Sunday 16 May, and will only be accepted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The National Youth Science Forum (NYSF) is a national not-for-profit charity that has operated for over 38 years. One of Australia’s most well-known STEM outreach organisations, the NYSF inspires students to pursue a range of science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) study and career options. More information regarding the activities of the NYSF is available at www.nysf.edu.au and across our social media channels.
We currently have 7 full-time and two part-time team members and engage casual staff where required. The NYSF comprises of three teams: Programs, Partnerships and Alumni, Marketing and Communications, and Corporate Services. The NYSF team is led by CEO Dr Melanie Bagg and supported by a highly regarded Board.
About the Position
The position is responsible for the management and delivery of executive administrative services to, and as directed by, the Chief Executive Officer, to support operational, organisational and strategic objectives. The position also provides executive administrative support to the NYSF Board.
The role will provide high-level, professional support to the CEO, including liaising with and coordinating minutes and agendas for the NYSF Board, arranging meetings and travel for the CEO, and liaising with external stakeholders to facilitate corporate partnership activities. This position will also support the other staff within the NYSF Management team as required and when directed by the CEO.
Under the general direction of the CEO, the Executive Officer will:
- Provide high-level administrative and secretarial support to the CEO, including but not limited to:
- preparing reports, correspondence and presentations for the CEO.
- diary management and scheduling key meetings for the CEO
- supporting the NYSF Management Team on assigned projects as directed by the CEO.
- overseeing the implementation of decisions nominated by the CEO.
- Facilitate the delivery of accurate and timely Board meeting agendas and minutes and act as a point of contact for Board members.
- Coordinate through relevant staff, organisational activities requiring participation, involvement or responses by the CEO.
- Provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external stakeholders with respect to CEO operational requirements.
- Record and report on external stakeholder activity by the CEO.
- Assist the CEO and Management Team with the delivery of accurate and timely team meeting agendas, minutes and other items as necessary.
- In conjunction with relevant staff; develop and review relevant documents, presentations, and proposals, as directed by the CEO.
- Manage all aspects of booking of travel and accommodation for the CEO, Board Members, and other staff, as directed by the CEO.
- Assist relevant staff with aspects of governance and administration for the CEO as required.
- Other duties as directed, consistent with the experience and level of the position.
- Highly developed skills in all interpersonal communication requirements at an executive level with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to manage time, work output and priorities and handle a range of tasks with competing priorities within tight timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment and autonomously.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with sensitive and confidential duties.
- Demonstrated ability to write and provide editorial support on reports to a Council or Board.
- Experience in a similar role involving the facilitation of minutes and agendas and provision of high-level support to staff at an executive level.
- Demonstrated ability to proof and refine quality of documents, presentations and emails.
- Demonstrated ability to use the Microsoft Office suite, including an aptitude for formatting and editing Word documents and PowerPoint presentations.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours on those occasions required by the CEO.
- A current ACT Working with Vulnerable People registration, or the ability to obtain registration before commencing in the position.
- Experience working in non-profit organisations.
- Formal editing qualifications or experience.
- Graphic design experience.
- Familiarity with CRM systems, such as Salesforce.
How to Apply
Applicants should provide the following:
- Up to date CV with contact details of at least two referees, one of which should be the current/most recent employer.
- A cover letter of not more than two pages including a statement to explain how the candidate meets the key eligibility criteria. Applications should be sent via email to email@example.com and must be received by 16th May 2021.
For further information on this role or to arrange an informal conversation, please contact Melanie Tacey,
Corporate Services Manager, National Youth Science Forum: firstname.lastname@example.org.