- Corporate Services Officer: Part time, Fixed term contract of 12 months, with the possibility of extension
Applications close Midnight, Sunday 16 May, and will only be accepted via email to email@example.com
Corporate Services Officer
The National Youth Science Forum (NYSF) is a national not-for-profit charity that has operated for over 38 years. One of Australia’s most well-known STEM outreach organisations, the NYSF inspires students to pursue a range of science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) study and career options. More information regarding the activities of the NYSF is available at www.nysf.edu.au and across our social media channels.
We currently have 7 full-time and two part-time team members and engage casual staff where required. The NYSF comprises of three teams: Programs, Partnerships and Alumni, Marketing and Communications, and Corporate Services. The NYSF team is led by CEO Dr Melanie Bagg and supported by a highly regarded Board.
About the Position
Working in a small team, the Corporate Services Officer will report to the Manager, Corporate Services to ensure the smooth running of the NYSF on a day-to-day basis and support the NYSF’s corporate responsibilities, including assisting with administrative and programmatic tasks. We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated and organised, able to manage competing priorities, and thrives on working behind the scenes to enable the successful operation of an organisation.
There will be a mix of administrative, computer-based work, as well as more hands-on activities (unpacking deliveries, collating paperwork, organising office supplies etc.).
Under the direction of the Manager, Corporate Services, the Corporate Services Officer will:
- Provide administrative and programmatic support to the Manager, Corporate Services and other members of the NYSF team, as required.
- Support the finance, HR, and office management responsibilities of the Corporate Services team.
- Liaise with a range of stakeholders by phone, email and in person, including program participants, parents, members of Rotary, volunteers, and representatives from our program providers and partners.
- Implement and maintain procedures and office administrative systems.
- Provide administrative and/or event-based support that may be outside of standard business hours, including on weekends.
- Maintain and use financial, HR, and IT systems, including expense reconciliation, invoicing, finance reporting, payroll, employee onboarding etc.
- Maintain the NYSF’s office space, including the purchasing of furniture and supplies, maintaining postage and printing services, and liaising with building owners regarding maintenance, access, and security.
- Other duties as directed, consistent with the experience and level of the position.
- Experience in administration and/or corporate support roles.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a small team.
- Demonstrated good time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of computer-based applications including Microsoft Office programs and online cloud-based platforms such as Dropbox, Eventbrite and SurveyMonkey. Experience in using Salesforce or other customer relationship management (CRM) systems or similar databases would be highly valued.
- Experience using online finance/accounting platforms such as Quickbooks or Xero would be highly valued.
- A current ACT Working with Vulnerable People registration, or the ability to obtain registration before commencing in the position.
- Experience working in non-profit organisations.
- Current first-aid certificate.
How to Apply
Applicants should provide the following:
- Up to date CV with contact details of at least two referees, one of which should be the current/most recent employer.
- A cover letter of not more than two pages including a statement to explain how the candidate meets the key eligibility criteria. Applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by 16th May 2021.
For further information on this role or to arrange an informal conversation, please contact Melanie Tacey, Corporate Services Manager, National Youth Science Forum: email@example.com.