- Communications Officer: Fixed term contract of 12 months, with the possibility of extension
Applications will only be accepted via email to email@example.com
About the Communications Officer Role
Working in a small team, the Communications Officer will report to the Manager, Communications (currently based in Melbourne). With support and direction, they will manage various communications, marketing, and administrative tasks.
Duties will include:
- Developing, scheduling, and publishing content for NYSF's range of communication channels, with particular attention to social media, electronic direct emails, and the website.
- Writing, editing, and proof-reading social media content, blog articles, media releases, newsletters, marketing collateral, the annual report, speaking notes, and multi-media content.
- Design and production and potential management of stock of marketing collateral and merchandise, such as brochures, posters, and banners.
- Monitor use of NYSF brand and corporate identity across communications deliverables.
- Contribute to communications planning and ensure processes are well documented.
- Contribute to planning and delivery of outward-facing NYSF events.
- Liaise with other teams within the NYSF to enable their communication goals and ensure our brand identity and standards are consistently delivered.
- Other duties as directed.
We are looking for someone with solid skills and experience in communications, who is committed to the general vision and mission of the NYSF, works well in a small team and close cooperative environment, but is also able to be self-directed and work independently to make decisions and drive projects to completion when needed.
- Experience or qualifications working in communications or related/transferrable fields (new graduates will be considered with minimal experience).
- Demonstrated organisational skills, including the ability to be flexible and manage competing priorities while working under pressure and in tight timeframes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Experience with social media for business purposes, particularly Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Experience in editing content in Wordpress or a similar platform, or the ability to learn.
- Basic design skills and a willingness to learn on NYSF design platforms (Canva and InDesign).
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Willingness to work outside of standard hours of operation as required and travel interstate as needed for NYSF events – the successful candidate must be able to work full-time during December (outside the standard shutdown period) and January to assist with the delivery of the NYSF Year 12 Program.
- A current Working with Vulnerable Persons registration, or the ability to obtain registration before commencing in the position.
- A current First Aid certificate, or the ability to obtain registration before commencing in the position.
- COVID-19 vaccination, or willingness to obtain, in order to attend NYSF events.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit environment
- Experience with Salesforce CRM or a similar database system.
- Experience organising events (for example stalls, networking events, workshops, conferences, etc.)
- Photography experience
- Branding experience
- Experience with messenger applications and app communication for programs and conferences
This position is a full-time fixed-term contract position for 12 months, with the likelihood of extension.
How to apply
Applicants should provide the following:
- Up to date CV with contact details of at least two referees, one of which should be the current/most recent employer.
- A cover letter of not more than three pages including a statement to explain how the candidate meets the key eligibility criteria. Applications should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by Sunday 14th May 2023.
The NYSF recognises the value of diverse perspectives and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected for who they are. If there are any accessibility adjustments you need to help you be able to apply for this role, please contact us.
You must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident of Australia, New Zealand citizen with a current New Zealand passport or have unrestricted working rights to apply for this role.
If you have questions about the role, contact Melanie Tacey, Manager, Corporate Services at the NYSF, at email@example.com.