- Full-time Communications and Marketing Manager: Immediate start, 12-month contract with possibility of extension
Applications close Midnight, Sunday 14 March, and will only be accepted via email to email@example.com
Communications & Marketing Manager
The National Youth Science Forum (NYSF) is a national not-for-profit charity that has operated for over 38 years. One of Australia’s most well-known science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) outreach organisations, the NYSF inspires students to pursue a range of STEM study and career options. More information regarding the activities of the NYSF is available at www.nysf.edu.au, our news page and across our social media channels.
About the position
We seek an experienced professional who has broad knowledge in both delivering and managing communications, media and marketing outcomes for an organisation. The role requires the ability to be hands-on with social media content production and publishing as required, produce and deliver communications and marketing plans to achieve goals, and to direct others to assist with a broad range of communications tasks.
Within the organisation, the Communications & Marketing Manager will report to the CEO and will manage a small team of communications professionals (1-2 full-time/part-time staff plus volunteers and casuals from time to time).
This is a full-time 12-month contract position, with the possibility of extension. Work location and salary is negotiable, with salary dependent on the experience and skills of the successful applicant (salary range is expected to start around $90,000 plus superannuation).
How to apply
Applications will only be considered if they include the following and are submitted to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An up-to-date CV with contact details of at least two referees, one of which should be the current/most recent employer.
- A cover letter of not more than three pages explaining how you meet the key eligibility criteria. In your application, please include links to campaigns, publications, videos that illustrate your experience. Please clearly describe your specific contribution to the activity.
Applications must be sent via email to email@example.com and must be received by midnight Sunday 14 March 2021.
For further information on this role or to arrange an informal conversation, please contact Melanie Tacey, Corporate Services Manager, National Youth Science Forum: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Developing, implementing, and evaluating communications, media and marketing strategies for the NYSF across all platforms, with a particular emphasis on social media, mainstream media, our website and stakeholder communications.
- Managing media engagement including developing media releases, statements, talking points and digital content (web articles and accompanying social media activity).
- Liaising with the Australian STEM community, promoting their involvement in NYSF initiatives.
- Other duties as directed.
- A relevant tertiary qualification and/or equivalent experience/on the job training (i.e. journalism, communications, media, marketing, policy advice).
- A minimum of three years of experience in managing a broad and multi-platform communications portfolio. Some marketing/PR experience is vital to this role alongside communications expertise.
- Must have expertise across all main communications platforms. We are particularly looking for experience in social media management (Twitter, Linked-in, Facebook and Instagram) and digital publishing (EDM’s, web articles and stakeholder communications), mainstream media liaison & producing press releases.
- A team worker who has experience in leading and managing a small team to achieve communication goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to write for a variety of audiences and knowledge of the style adaption required for different communications platforms.
- Monitor news and social media for STEM sector opportunities and situational awareness.
- Experience in liaising with key stakeholders, sponsors and supporters to achieve communications outcomes and deliver key content.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering long-form, short form and social media content and ability to achieve desired audience reach using a range of tools and techniques.
- Excellent organisational skills and high attention to detail in proof checking and managing the content released by the NYSF. This role will be the gatekeeper for high-quality external communications.
- Ability to juggle and manage multiple priorities under tight project deadlines.
- Willingness to work outside of standard hours of operation as required and travel interstate as needed for NYSF events—the successful candidate must be able to work full-time during December and January to assist with the delivery of the NYSF Year 12 Program.
- A current ‘Working with Vulnerable People’ registration, or the ability to obtain registration before commencing in the position and a current First Aid certificate (or willingness to obtain).
- Experience working in a not-for-profit environment.
- Experience working in a STEM environment or STEM qualifications.
- Experience producing content about STEM and/or education. Aware of where to source key information for both and sensitivities.